SNAP!?

Do you know how to snap?! 💃😁
Snap , specially in this style is part of Iranian dance identity.
I realized it when I met a Parsi woman (Imigrented Iranians Zoroastrian), wanted to dance and told me accompany me  with snap, this is the only thing that I remember from Iran! 🥰😥
Classical Persian Court Dance or Solo dance, improvisational, often utilizes delicate, graceful movements of the hands and arms with animated facial expressions are central to the concept of that difficult-to-define flirtatiousness, each dancer creates her own style and improvises within a recognizably Persian framework of movements.😍😏
Costumes for these types of dance are featuring rich silks , brocades and flowing long skirts.👗


Persian Dancer
18th Century(Qajar dynasty)
Georgian National Museum


Miniature with female dancers and musicians.
Date18th century
Gouache on paper
Muzeum Narodowe w Warszawie, Warsaw, Poland


Comments

Popular Posts